Fox’s Dani Sheley Participates in Career Day for Taylorville High School
On October 3rd our Interior Designer Dani Sheley, NCIDIQ, IIDA participated in Career Day in her hometown of Taylorville High School. This was the very first year that Taylorville High School has held a Career Day for their students. Dani held a lecture on her experience in Interior Design and demonstrated to interested students with materials and drawing samples of her work.
Her discussion highlights were:
• Introduction of her expertise and history.
• Career path and why she chose to pursue it.
• Related classes / curriculum courses students may take in at Taylorville that can give them an idea of an Interior Design career.
• She shared examples of daily routine that incorporates skills that are necessary to learn (For example: communication, critical thinking, problem-solving, and teamwork.)
• She explained important aspects of her work and how they relate to others jobs within an organization.
• What she enjoys most about her career.
• She ended the lecture with a Q&A at the end.
“I am excited to provide this opportunity for students who may be considering a career in Interior Design and meeting with the students!” – Dani Sheley
More About Taylorville High School
“Established in 1891, Taylorville Community School District #3 offers K-12 education to students of diverse cultures. We emphasizes the social, emotional, physical, intellectual development of each child and strive to instill high standards for academic integrity, and leadership in our students. Through our programs, students are given the technology, skills and knowledge to be effective members of our school community and a global society. Our campuses boast modern sports facilities and grounds, state-of-the-art, student-friendly technology centers, and a great faculty of ambitious teachers ready to give TCUSD #3 Community the best school experience.”